Here are typical installation guidelines for an ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane having a 8-pin generator wiring harness.
Note: For action 7 you’ll want to buy 14-gauge wire that is electrical the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers to prevent disruption of coast energy solution during installation and evaluating of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 cables in your generator wiring harness.
Make use of a label or tape to mark each cable so that you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Not all the ONAN generators have the exact same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make sure you have actually correctly identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to each associated with the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower track towards the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram supplied.
- Green cable to E AVOID
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Remember to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness once we use red-colored cables more often than once.
On legit mail order bride our installation picture we utilized wires that are white expand into the harness as a result of location of our device. The closer the installation of our product to your wiring harness will assist you to utilize the provided 4-foot wire size we offer.
- Link the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to a single part associated with enable switch utilising the provided Posi-Lock or a crimp connector.
- Link the 2nd red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another part for the enable switch. One other end of the red cable will fundamentally get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch therefore the red cable from (L+) regarding the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the black colored cable (M) in the ShorePower track to ground (any metal on your own RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See wiring diagram B – Transfer Switch Connection):
You need 14-gauge stranded electrical cable for the run from our device to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to 1 part regarding the 110 Volts from the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter to your center connection (common) from the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their green light in, if most of the wires, such as the cables to your transfer switch, are properly linked. .
- To check the machine turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell goes down and in more or less 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for approximately one minute then re-connect to shore energy and our product will immediately shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The light that is green the MeanWell should come right right back on.
SIGNIFICANT NOTE: switching the ALLOW CHANGE On or OFF will not impact the light that is green the ShorePower track or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ENABLE CHANGE merely allows or disables monitoring.
This is just what a typical set-up will appear to be when it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking right here.